Transactions are missing in my direct connect account

When I direct connect to my investment account, many transactions are missing. The transactions are complete until March 2020 it seems, then very few show up starting in April. They look more complete starting in January 2021. How do I get these transactions into my register?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @amannucci,

When you connect with this "investment account" do you do so regularly, or is it sporadic? If there are months between when you last connected, it is likely that you will not be able to download all of your transactions - even when you are using direct connect, because the financial institutions place time frame limits on downloads.

To get those "missing transactions" into your register, you may be able to download that data from your financial institution's website (using "web connect" - which downloads a .qfx file).  In some cases - completely dependent upon the financial institution's polices - you may be able to download years of data, but in others, perhaps only the past few months.  You need to check with the financial institution's website to find out about that.

If you want to identify the financial institution, we may be able to provide more information, or you could just go to the FI's website and see what their policies are.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @amannucci,

When you connect with this "investment account" do you do so regularly, or is it sporadic? If there are months between when you last connected, it is likely that you will not be able to download all of your transactions - even when you are using direct connect, because the financial institutions place time frame limits on downloads.

To get those "missing transactions" into your register, you may be able to download that data from your financial institution's website (using "web connect" - which downloads a .qfx file).  In some cases - completely dependent upon the financial institution's polices - you may be able to download years of data, but in others, perhaps only the past few months.  You need to check with the financial institution's website to find out about that.

If you want to identify the financial institution, we may be able to provide more information, or you could just go to the FI's website and see what their policies are.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• amannucci
    amannucci Member ✭✭
    That is helpful. Thank you! I've been connecting fairly regularly because I knew about the 3 month rule. However, even connecting recently shows that not all transactions end up being downloaded (e.g. from last month). Unfortunately, my financial institution does not offer .QFX files at all, just .CSV, so I will have to resort to manual entry, which is not too bad for this particular account. However, I will probably contact my financial institution and tell them about it. They should try to offer .QFX.