Is there a step by step video, book, or something on quicken home and business?

Options
I have a Home Improvement business and I would like to use the business aspects of quicken. E.g. how to set up from Estimates to receiving deposits for jobs and payments and material purchases for an specific job. I like to be able to see if I lost of made a profit. How much I paid out to subcontractors and helpers. And of course taxes.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

Best Answer

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would suggest you start with with the Quicken in-app help (F1) and review "Manage your Business" topics.  These topics give you a decent sense of how small businesses are meant to be structured in Quicken.  Then jump in to it and ask (or search for) any specific question in this community.

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would suggest you start with with the Quicken in-app help (F1) and review "Manage your Business" topics.  These topics give you a decent sense of how small businesses are meant to be structured in Quicken.  Then jump in to it and ask (or search for) any specific question in this community.

• Villa62
    Villa62 Member
    Options
    Thank You very much. I will check it out.
  • Scooterlam
    Options
    Your welcome.  Quicken in app help can be a struggle to find topics.  I wish, especially for new business setup / useage, that they would graphically show the workflow,  linking workflow steps to description....
This discussion has been closed.