Resetting account locks Quicken with blank dialog box

Options
twarner1
twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
My Investors Bank account will not update so I tried resetting the account.  I end up with a blank dialog box that I cannot exit from.  Eventually, I have to force Quicken to stop using task manager.  This issue is very repeatable.

Best Answer

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your assistance.  FYI, Quicken Mobile and Web is OFF.
     I ended up fixing this by deactivating the account in question and re-setting it up.  I had to do a text message two step verification with my bank twice.  After that completed, I had to adjust the opening balance.  Immediately afterwards, a one-step update of all accounts got me in an endless update loop. I then had to use task manager to kill Quicken.  I then updated all accounts EXCEPT Investors Bank and the update completed normally.  Then, I was able to add Investors Bank back to the one-step update list and all accounts updated normally.  All is well for now (except for the other open errors I have listed on this forum)

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @twarner1

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I'm wondering here what could be causing the issue whether it's the program or connectivity potentially. To start off here lets see if we might be able to fix the issue by signing in/out.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your assistance.  FYI, Quicken Mobile and Web is OFF.
     I ended up fixing this by deactivating the account in question and re-setting it up.  I had to do a text message two step verification with my bank twice.  After that completed, I had to adjust the opening balance.  Immediately afterwards, a one-step update of all accounts got me in an endless update loop. I then had to use task manager to kill Quicken.  I then updated all accounts EXCEPT Investors Bank and the update completed normally.  Then, I was able to add Investors Bank back to the one-step update list and all accounts updated normally.  All is well for now (except for the other open errors I have listed on this forum)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @twarner1

Glad to hear you were able to fix the issue after troubleshooting. We'll take a look at your other questions as well and answer when we get the chance to as well. If you do run into this issue again please let us know so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.