I added a new bank account to Quicken and it was placed under separate, why?

The placement in separate is not counted in net worth and transaction page is different. How do it get my new bank account into banking where it belongs?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @SanRamonNige .  That is odd that the account was set up as separate.  I am also wondering what you mean by the transaction page being "different."  Would it be possible to take a snapshot of it and post it here?  You can click and drag the picture file to your reply post.
    To get the bank account to not be separate:  Tools > Account List > Edit (for that bank account) > Display tab > make sure the box is unchecked for "Keep this account separate" > OK.
    Did this resolve the issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @SanRamonNige .  That is odd that the account was set up as separate.  I am also wondering what you mean by the transaction page being "different."  Would it be possible to take a snapshot of it and post it here?  You can click and drag the picture file to your reply post.
    To get the bank account to not be separate:  Tools > Account List > Edit (for that bank account) > Display tab > make sure the box is unchecked for "Keep this account separate" > OK.
    Did this resolve the issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• SanRamonNige
    SanRamonNige Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your prompt answer. I it solved my issue.