Quicken keeps saying that recurring payments are a "match"

Options
When I import directly from my Bank Quicken keeps tagging recurring transactions as a "match". EG. I have a DRIP which I contribute X$ per month usually on the same date. Everytime I download from my Bank Quicken keeps tagging these recurring transactions as a "match". Is there anyway to get it to stop doing this? Often, when I "accept" the transaction it totally disappears.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Flying99

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing. I'm wondering here if the reason we may be having issues is it might not be properly linking the transactions causing them to have issues. One thing we can attempt here to see if we might be able to fix the issue you're having is deactivating and reconnecting the account you're having issues with. You should be able to do this by disconnecting the account then importing your QFX file again.  I'll leave steps down below.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Next you'll want to import your QFX again. You can do this by going across the top to file > file import > QFX

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you been deleting downloaded transactions instead of matching them?

Quicken maintains a list of transactions in the register that haven't been matched, and as such each of these is a candidate to try to match to a downloaded transaction.  If one deletes a downloaded transaction instead of matching it that leaves the transaction open for matching again.  What's more Quicken picks the oldest transaction that matches from that list.  Given that you select Accept on a match you are telling Quicken to merge the two transactions which if the transaction merged to in the register is old you might not see any difference.  I might add that reconciling that transaction doesn't take it off the list.

Years ago the list could be years long.  I believe a few years ago they started trimming the list by maybe 30 or 60 days, so at least it shouldn't match a transaction that is years old like it use to.  But depending on your behavior you could certainly setup a situation where you are constantly one more behind, and not matching to the one you want.  Or matching when you shouldn't be matching anything.

If the transaction is matching to the wrong one you should be right clicking on that transaction and using the manual match.  Another reason for invoking the manual match is just so you can see the list of transactions that are possible match candidates because they have yet to be matched to a transaction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/