I have a corrupted data file.

Dennis Freeman
Dennis Freeman Member ✭✭
Most of my holdings are with Merrill Lynch. Over the past several weeks, I have noticed an "Unidentified Security Purchase" in one of my IRA accounts. When I tried to validate the account, it failed several times, as did rebuild investment lots. Finally I was able to get a validation and the report lists this Unidentified Security several times. It shows up in my account holdings as such. How do I resolve this issue, or do I need to go thru my ML broker.
Thanks,
Dennis Freeman

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Dennis Freeman

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your downloads. I'm wondering here is it a specific security that's giving the issue or is it different ones? IS there any trend as far as the amount or security that you're able to find? I'm wondering if something might not be authenticating properly or if it's maybe a specific security

Once you get a chance please let us know what you're able to find out. With more information we'll see what we can do to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that you have missed a Corporate Name Change or a reorganization or reclassification of Mutual Fund shares, resulting in a name change and new ticker symbol?
    Compare your holdings in Quicken to what the broker reports so you can narrow it down to what changed, how it was downloaded from the broker and, yes, figure out what needs to be changed.
  • Dennis Freeman
    Dennis Freeman Member ✭✭
    I had an online session this AM with Quicken and they suggested that I go back to my last valid backup, which was Feb 10th. Restore from there and then try to put the pieces back together again. I have gotten rid of a lot of errors, but this is a mammoth job.
This discussion has been closed.