How-To adjust which accounts are included in displayed balance?

Options
Working on the "Bills & Income tab :: Bills, Income & Transfers" in calendar view the balance seams to be showing "Banking" balance. However I only want to see the balance of my main checking account that is used to pay bills from.

Does anyone know how I can adjust which accounts are used to display the calendar balances fore each day?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As far as I can determine, the Calendar View of the Bills, Income & Transfers View cannot be customized to only show a selected account's balance.
    However, clicking on "Show Full Calendar" will bring up the traditional Calendar view (also available from Tools / Calendar). This view can be customized to only show transactions and balance total of selected accounts.
    Alternatively, you can use the Home tab's My Money view and customize it to add a Bill & Income Reminders view. Customizing this view to "Show Graph" and selecting only the desired account will give you a day by day balance graph for this month or other selected months.
    For a longer term Projected Balance view of your account balance also try the Bills and Income tab's Projected Balances view. This view can be customized to only show the desired account for 7, 14, 30, 90 days, 12 months or a custom date range.
  • heamik66
    heamik66 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok, so this is was not very intuitive, but while looking at the "Full Calendar", I set the desired accounts to view. Which shows the balance as desired, only showing the balance of accounts used to pay bills. To my surprise when I closed the "Full Calendar" the balances from the selected account is what is now shown on the "Bills, Income & Transfers :: Calendar View".

So the feature exists, it must be set in the "Full Calendar View".

It would be nice to have a "select Accounts" on the "Bills, Income & Transfers :: Calendar View", but now that I know it can be set in "Full Calendar View" and these setting will be applied to "Bills, Income & Transfers :: Calendar View", I can get by.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As far as I can determine, the Calendar View of the Bills, Income & Transfers View cannot be customized to only show a selected account's balance.
    However, clicking on "Show Full Calendar" will bring up the traditional Calendar view (also available from Tools / Calendar). This view can be customized to only show transactions and balance total of selected accounts.
    Alternatively, you can use the Home tab's My Money view and customize it to add a Bill & Income Reminders view. Customizing this view to "Show Graph" and selecting only the desired account will give you a day by day balance graph for this month or other selected months.
    For a longer term Projected Balance view of your account balance also try the Bills and Income tab's Projected Balances view. This view can be customized to only show the desired account for 7, 14, 30, 90 days, 12 months or a custom date range.
  • heamik66
    heamik66 Member
    Options
    Essentially this is what I found as well. Was hoping I was missing something. So now the question is... How do we file enhancement request?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heamik66 said:
    Essentially this is what I found as well. Was hoping I was missing something. So now the question is... How do we file enhancement request?

Have you searched the Community for similar posts and/or ideas?
    To submit your own idea:
    Select the Discussions page https://community.quicken.com/discussions
    Locate the blue bar "Ask a Question" and click the white triangle at the right side.
    Select "New Idea" from the popup menu.
    Select a category for the new idea, give it a title and description, then Save.

• heamik66
    heamik66 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok, so this is was not very intuitive, but while looking at the "Full Calendar", I set the desired accounts to view. Which shows the balance as desired, only showing the balance of accounts used to pay bills. To my surprise when I closed the "Full Calendar" the balances from the selected account is what is now shown on the "Bills, Income & Transfers :: Calendar View".

So the feature exists, it must be set in the "Full Calendar View".

It would be nice to have a "select Accounts" on the "Bills, Income & Transfers :: Calendar View", but now that I know it can be set in "Full Calendar View" and these setting will be applied to "Bills, Income & Transfers :: Calendar View", I can get by.
This discussion has been closed.