Why do I get "error accessing disk" after reconciling an account and clicking on "done"?

Membership expired then I got some VERY strange postings in one account that I did not put in and now I get the "error accessing disk" when I try to finish reconciliation on that account.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • robo_2444
    robo_2444 Member
    Path is C:Users[Owner]Documents\QuickenBACKUP Use an external hard drive for additional backup
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    robo_2444 said:
    Path is C:Users[Owner]Documents\QuickenBACKUP Use an external hard drive for additional backup
    Based on the path you provided, it would seem you inadvertently opened and are actively using a backup file. If is external, you need to save the file back to the Quicken folder on a local HDD.
  • robo_2444
    robo_2444 Member
    This issue started when the Quicken membership ran out and got worse after I renewed. I know just enough to use the software but don't dig around in the computer so not sure how to save the file back to the Quicken folder on the local HDD.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way would be to do a Save as in Quicken...

Save it back to your ...\Documents\Quicken folder. You may encounter an overwrite warning from the outdated file that resides there. Then when you have saved the file, you can return to the File menu and select the file from the bottom file list as shown in the above image.
  • robo_2444
    robo_2444 Member
    Thanks for your time.
This discussion has been closed.