Can't Export <All accounts>

paklein58
paklein58 Member
Longtime Quicken user here. I want to use the Export function to export all my account info to 1 QIF file. The Quicken Help system says that when I choose to Export, in the Accounts drop down list, I should have an option of <All Accounts>. Nope, not there. So the only thing I can export is any given 1 account at a time. I'm using Quicken on a Windows 10 machine and have updated both Windows and Quicken to the latest versions. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It may be yet another limitation of Starter. I can't say for sure since I've never used it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This selection shows up in the "account to export from" selection list:

• paklein58
    paklein58 Member
    That option does not show up in the dropdown list.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    paklein58 said:
    That option does not show up in the dropdown list.

Really? It does / did for me when I entered the Export dialog for the first time. The <All accounts> selection appears at the very top of the selection list, followed by all account names in alphabetical order ... you may have to scroll up ...
  • paklein58
    paklein58 Member
    I am thinking I will uninstall and reinstall Quicken. Maybe that will help.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Don't reinstall. The menu item is there at the very top of the menu. Scroll up. By default the menu chooses the currently open account. If you go away from accounts, say to Home or Portfolio, then <All accounts> will appear first in the list.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• paklein58
    paklein58 Member
    The option is not there even when I scroll up. I am using Starter subscription edition.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓
    It may be yet another limitation of Starter. I can't say for sure since I've never used it.

• paklein58
    paklein58 Member
    You were right, Rocket. It was a limitation of the Starter edition. Upgrading to Deluxe returned All Accounts to my options for exporting a QIF file. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.