Multiple Express Web Accounts Not Updating - UPDATED x2

mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
QWin R32.12

Citi (banking), Crate & Barrel, Macys, Kohls. Trouble began this morning 5/29. Anyone else experiencing the same?

UPDATE: Had to manually reset every account. Is that a Quicken, or a local issue?

UPDATE 2: Noticed that the Citi checking balances were off going back years. I'm unable to find any offending transaction(s). I restored a prior file and now reset is not working on any accounts. Had to deactivate/reactivate all accounts with same results. I've seen this exact sequence of behaviors before with Citi before, although its only been off by a couple of cents and I needed to do a balance adjustment because I couldn't find the problem. This time its off thousands of dollars. I'm gonna give it a day be fore I try again. Really messed up.  

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @mrzookie

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is odd that those 3 accounts had issues until you reset them, Did you notice any differences in the other accounts as well? I'm wondering here if you might have gotten another opening balance that might be throwing off your Citi account as well. I have seen that happen recently but may be different in your case. Is your online balance correct still?

Once you have a chance let us know if you're able to find any differences that could be causing the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Francisco

Thanks for the reply. There are two separate issues going on here. The first is that all the Express Web accounts failed to update. That was fixed by doing the resets, or the deactivate/reactivate. It was complicated me restoring a backup which caused cc 800 errors, but ultimately all the accounts are back to updating.

The problem with the Citi checking account, which resulted from all the above, is a separate issue. As I said, I've seen this same sequence of problems before with this account, and its always been after a reset due to express web trouble. This time I spent a bunch of time tracking it down and here's what I found.

At the time of the reset, there were 2 transactions (one for appx $10 and the other for $4400) pending on the Citi site, and those same two transactions were manually entered in Quicken waiting for the match to come in the download. For reasons I can't fathom, Quicken added the $4410 to the opening balance of the account, which was first recorded on Jan 1 2007. I didn't realize it at first, but I keep pdfs of Net Worth reports and was able to trace the discrepancy all the way back. Unable to find any transaction that explained the problem, I restored a file from a couple of days back and saw that the initial opening balance in that file was $11,000. In the current file, its $15,410 which is the initial $11000 + $4410 in pending transactions. I have no idea how or why this happened, but that's the only explanation I can find. I adjusted the opening balance back to $11,000, and everything else looks to be OK again. 

I ran Validate, and nothing comes up. There are no other problems (of concern) with the datafile that I'm aware of, but this is the 3rd time this has happened with this account. At least I now know what it is and how to fix it. Perhaps you can pass this info on to the Dev team to look at?

Thanks.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    @Quicken_Francisco,

I posted a long explanation in response to your comment, but it seems to have disappeared. I hope it will show up tomorrow. 
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @mrzookie

Interesting that it added onto your opening balance that's an odd thing to happen. In any case I will see about getting it reported to one of my higher ups to see if it's something we might be able to find out more about. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco