Where do I see unaccepted transactions that are not appearing in the reconciliation window?

I downloaded transactions as I always do using the one-step update. There are flags appearing next to the accounts indicating there are transactions to review. However, there is no transaction to accept and there is no transaction to clear in the reconciliation window.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @DougM61

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with red flags and no showing transactions. We might just need to push them through in order for you to see them. We should be able to do so by following the article down below.

FAQ: Quicken Windows - red flag but no transactions to review bug — Quicken

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if you're able to resolve the issue. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @DougM61

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with red flags and no showing transactions. We might just need to push them through in order for you to see them. We should be able to do so by following the article down below.

FAQ: Quicken Windows - red flag but no transactions to review bug — Quicken

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if you're able to resolve the issue. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• DougM61
    DougM61 Member
    Thank you! This got me through the day. I hate to think I have to do this every time I update my transactions. Plus, I don't like it when transactions automatically post because they may post to the wrong category.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be a one-time shot, or an infrequent one.
    Just don't forget to do this, as the procedure says:
    • "When the flag is gone, you'll just want to go back to the preferences and Account Details > Online Service windows and change the options back to their original settings."

• Quicken Francisco
    @DougM61

Glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved! This should be very uncommon as UKR said. If you do run into the issue again please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • DougM61
    DougM61 Member
    I'm sorry to say that this is an ongoing problem. When I attempt to reconcile an account that has been flagged after an update/download, I get the message "You have unaccepted transactions." I select "Review the unaccepted transactions first" and okay, but nothing happens. I am still not seeing the unaccepted transactions.
    How do I get the unaccepted transactions window to appear? Is this a setting or an issue with Quicken? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Thanks for your guidance.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this account, did you perform the toggle Automatic Entry procedure at least once in its entirety?
    This should have caused any stuck transactions to become unstuck and made available for processing.
    Please note that the Downloaded Transactions tab is not available when the account is set to auto-accept downloaded transactions.

Also please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• DougM61
    DougM61 Member
    I have performed the toggle process several times, restoring to the original settings after each attempt. This did not seem to make any difference.

It looks as though I did not have the most recent update, even thought when I ran "check for updates" it said I had the latest. I therefore downloaded and ran the update from the link. I verified that I now have the most recent update. I'm hoping this will fix the problem but won't know until I have new transactions to download.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what happens next time.
  • DougM61
    DougM61 Member
    I am happy to report that the issue seems to have been resolved. I am now seeing the window with the unaccepted transactions. Thank you for your help!
  • i have had the same issue for several years now going back to quicken 2017. It only effects my wells fargo checking. When i toggle auto entry the flag disapears, but the online center still shows that there is one unmatched transaction. I cannot reset the account or deactivate downloads because quiciken still thinks there is an unaccepted transaction. I have spend several phone calls with support and they cannot find the issue. quicken needs to build in some kind of manual reset for this flag issue