U.S. Savings Bonds

Spacemac
Spacemac Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Is there a method of adding Savings bond prices and have them update automatically? I have 100 U.S. savings bonds and I entered them all in an Investment account with the name US Savings Bonds filled by the Serial Number. It is cumbersome to update the prices manually every 6 months.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so.  The Treasury dept used to have a good little program for it.  But they discontinued it.  But the replacement isn't too bad to use.  I'm using it.  After you enter your bonds you save the htm file to your computer then you can launch it whenever you want to get the current values.  
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/tools/tools_savingsbondcalc.htm

I just update the total value in Quicken.  I have a printout of all the individual bonds.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    volvogirl said:   https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/tools/tools_savingsbondcalc.htm

I just update the total value in Quicken.  I have a printout of all the individual bonds.  
    I agree - the Treasury Savings Bond Wizard was nice to use - and then they discontinued it...
    And replaced it with an online web tool - that uses the web page HTML file as a data file you save on your computer.
    This only works for certain types of bonds....

Note: The Calculator is for paper bonds only.
    To learn the value of your electronic savings bonds, log in to your TreasuryDirect account.

Find out what your paper savings bonds are worth with our online Calculator.
    The Calculator will price paper bonds of these series: EE, E, I, and savings notes.
    Other features include current interest rate, next accrual date, final maturity date, and year-to-date interest earned. Historical and future information also are available.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.