How to install new Quicken; cheaper than renewal

I have Quicken Deluxe that is set to expire next week. I was able to purchase a new Quicken for $30 less than the renewal cost; and, know am attempting to install it. I think I want to take the 2nd option on the CD to 'install & update Quicken' but would like to be sure.

Best Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    If your purchased copy is NOT marked for New Subscribers only, you shouldn't have to reinstall from the DVD.  You can just use the access code provided in the box to renew/extend your current subscription.  See the following regarding Activating a Retail purhase in Subscription FAQs.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just noticed a moderator's post about upgrading.   It indicates there is an Enter Activation Code option right on the Help menu.  I'd suggest you try that...

Quicken user since 1995

• Jeanine Schmidt
    Jeanine Schmidt Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OH MY....I THINK THAT'S THE 'FIX'. SIMPLE, JUST ENTER THE ACTIVATION CODE UNDER THE HELP. YOU'VE DONE IT. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Answers

• Jeanine Schmidt
    Not sure why this went to 'leave a comment'; thought I posted it to receive comments.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    If your purchased copy is NOT marked for New Subscribers only, you shouldn't have to reinstall from the DVD.  You can just use the access code provided in the box to renew/extend your current subscription.  See the following regarding Activating a Retail purhase in Subscription FAQs.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs

Quicken user since 1995

• Jeanine Schmidt
    I hate to keep asking the same thing...but, I'm getting nervous. The note is still coming up about my subscription expiring on the 12th. Why would that be coming up after I installed the 'new' CD? When I installed the 'new' I changed the name for the file to 'Quicken Deluxe - for June 2021'. When I did that all my previous saved files appear to have changed also. Prior to June 12th should I, again, 're-backup' my files to different places in case the previous installed CD didn't work? When I did install the 'new' CD it didn't ask for the 'reactiviation code' that it noted in the instructions. It also didn't include anything I saw about this being a 1-year subscription either. After going into more details about installing from the CD this is what I may have done wrong? I loaded the CD and it asked am I 'New to Quicken (no); Renewing/changing my Quicken Subscrition (YES); or, Installing on another computer. From here it just said to 'Launch Quicken'; which I did and it never asked for an 'Activation Code' here.
    Are you able to confirm the 'new' file name I gave Quicken Deluxe won't stop working; or, is that 'not cool' top ask here? I saw a YouTube that someone said the program still worked for about 2 weeks after the 'end' date.
    I'm just really confused about having installed the 'new' CD and still getting the June 12th expiration notice.

Thanks so much for any info to clarify this.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    As I recall, I never took the DVD out of the box.  I went to Help in Quicken and then My Quicken Account.  The menu has changed so I'm not positive how it works after that.  I believe under Manage (Account) there should be an option to renew if you are in the last 6 mos of your subscription.  I can't see the option now because I'm now 8 mos away from my renewal date.  At that point, you should just be able to just enter the activation code from the card (or email) that came with the retail copy.  The expiration date under My Account should update by adding an additional year to show a 2022 date.  You can try that method. If that doesn't work, you may need to contact support  for assistance.

Quicken user since 1995

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just noticed a moderator's post about upgrading.   It indicates there is an Enter Activation Code option right on the Help menu.  I'd suggest you try that...

Quicken user since 1995

• Jeanine Schmidt
    Answer ✓
    OH MY....I THINK THAT'S THE 'FIX'. SIMPLE, JUST ENTER THE ACTIVATION CODE UNDER THE HELP. YOU'VE DONE IT. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.
This discussion has been closed.