Auto backup not working in Windows 33.24 version

jfburgh
jfburgh Member ✭✭
Auto backup no longer works in this update.

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded at the end of May and am not having a problem.   Do you use an unusual location for your backups?  What do you see when you go to Edit, Preferences, Backup, Open? 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• jfburgh
    jfburgh Member ✭✭
    I have been backing up to the same device for years, backup after running 3 times and keep 6 versions. I backup manually now to the same device.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Edit, Preferences, Backup are the Automatic and Manual Backup options still selected? There's a little checkbox to the left of the option title ...
    jfburgh said:
    I have been backing up to the same device for years, backup after running 3 times and keep 6 versions. I backup manually now to the same device.
    This indicates that you are using the Automatic Backup option. The Manual Backup has no limits on the number of retained backup copies.
    The Automatic Backup, by default goes to a Backup subfolder under the folder which contains the active data file. For example, if the data file is in \Documents\Quicken, the Automatic backup goes to \Documents\Quicken\Backup. Changing this default location was only recently added in a software update.
    The Manual Backup goes to whatever device, drive and folder name you specify as you start a manual backup.
    The manual backup should be directed to a drive other than your C: - drive ... to prevent data loss if the hard drive crashes.
    Backups, both Automatic and Manual, should be created after running Quicken 1 times.

One can never have enough backups … trust me! BTDTGTS!

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    jfburgh said:
    I have been backing up to the same device for years, backup after running 3 times and keep 6 versions.
    I backup manually now to the same device.
    I am running R33.24 - and no probs with Auto and Manual backup to Drive C: -
    I then copy the entire \Quicken\ folder offline.
    So - what is this "device" - and how does it relate to Drive C: -
    and what do your Quicken Prefs look like as mentioned above - for Destination ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    In my comment above, the "open" should display the auto backup file folder and all the recent backups.  In that list, there should be something like yourfilename-R-33.22-2021-05-31.QDF-backup. That is the automatic backup that was made just before the update to R33.24 was installed (it would show whatever version being replaced if you hadn't updated to R33.22).  So, that is another way to check to see if the problem is really related to the version update.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

This discussion has been closed.