I have 2 accounts at Duke Energy but online biller only finds one. How do i set up the second acct

Duke Energy recently changed their online billing website and now Quicken only finds one account. How to fix?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @knicks

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

Do these accounts use the same login information on the website? If you log into the Duke Energy website, can you see both accounts?

Please confirm these details so we can get this issue reported!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    The accounts use the same login information but different account numbers and different front pages .
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @knicks

Thank you for the response and the confirmation. I have gone ahead and reported this issue to our service providers. Please allow 48 hours before attempting to sync/add an additional bill. Please let me know the results after waiting 48 hours.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    still not working
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @knicks

Thank you for the response. The message from our service provider regarding Duke Energy is that we are currently experiencing issues syncing Duke Energy accounts at this time. I'm afraid that we do not have an ETA on a resolution for this, but I can assure you that this is currently a priority of our development team.

I apologize for not having better news at this time. I would recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue there as well. This will not receive a direct response but this report will be used for investigative purposes.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to failures or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?
    I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late. In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder that does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    any progress?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these due on the same day? If not, try creating a second online biller for Duke. The separate account numbers should have separate online billers in Quicken.
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately that does not work with Duke Energy NC.
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    Any progress? Still not able to link second account? anybody else solve this problem?
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    Any progress yet?
  • Jason C3
    Jason C3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I have a similar issue with PG&E and having multiple accounts. It is only able to find 2 out of 3. Seems to allow me to find the other if I change the main account homepage. I have no such issue in [removed-solicitation] or via Bank Bill Pay. 
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    Both my accounts are due on the same day and think that is the problem since other billers i use have 2 accounts. Example: home and car insurance with MetLife. Quicken works there.
This discussion has been closed.