Quicken Refusing to Send Payments

My version of Quicken is R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24. I have been using Quicken for over 5 years and this is the first time that it will not send my payments. They are marked with "To Send" and clicking on it to send it, Quicken will talk to the bank but the payment remain as "To Send". Was there an update to Quicken that broke this feature? Is there any other way to get Quicken to send these payments? I restarted the computer, selected "Reset" for the banking connection, changed my account password and now I am out of options.

Answers

• miikebauer
    miikebauer Member ✭✭
    More information on this issue:
    The One Step Update for the account does not "see" the payments that need to be sent. The only selections in this popup window is 1) bank selection, 2) download latest cleared transactions and balances and 3) bring my payment information up to date. This page normally has the list of payments that are being paid. Note: This feature was accessed by clicking "To Send" and I also tried using the one step dropdown button and selecting the account that contains the payments. This issue started yesterday, Mon, June 14, 2021
  • miikebauer
    miikebauer Member ✭✭
    After viewing all the posts and comments on this forum about this quicken version, how do I revert back to a previous working version? Then, how do I stop the automatic updates? This issue is causing me undue stress about getting my bills paid on time!
  • miikebauer
    miikebauer Member ✭✭
    Interesting discovery. I will jump to the conclusion; my bank has the payments that are in question as scheduled payments in its payment records.
    This means that the payments were sent to the bank by Quicken and the bank recorded the transaction but the Quicken register was not updated. It is still stuck on "To Send". With this in mind, I selected File -> File Operations -> Validate and Repair. This process did not fix the register issue.
    I manually changed the Check # field in the register from Send to EFT and selected OK to confirm that this is a register change only. Once the bank issues the checks, I will change the EFT to the actual check number. This is a work around and I would hate to do this every time I send a payment out.
    Quicken - please fix ASAP.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @miikebauer

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing with your bills. I believe here it sounds like you are using your banks bill pay through direct connect. If that's the case I'm wondering here if we might be able to reset it by deactivating it and reactivating it. We should be able to do so by right clicking on account then selecting edit/delete account. From there navigate to the online services tab and you should see at the bottom you should have the option to deactivate bank bill pay then reactivate afterwards.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find. If this if you are using Quicken Bill manager let us know and we'll see what we can do to correct the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• miikebauer
    miikebauer Member ✭✭
    Hi Q-Francisco, Deactivating/Reactivating the online account was one of the options that I looked into. I stopped going down this path when Quicken gave me a warning that if I had any payments that were not paid, then these could get lost when I deactivate the account. I looked at the account and there were still a couple that have not cleared and they were sent by Quicken app a week ago. Now I have other payments that have not cleared. Just to be clear, are you suggesting that this would not be a problem if I deactivate/reactivate the online account? Also, why do you think it is an issue with the online account connection? I have been using this method of payment for at least 5 to 10 years. Also, the connection worked to send the payment request to the bank but Quicken did not update the transaction in its application. My question to you is - when did R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 get released?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @miikebauer

Thanks for the update. I'd like to deactivate and reactivate the billing not the entire account. The account itself seems to be intact but it seems like the billing side is having trouble with retrieving the updated information. Additionally patch R33.24 was released in late May as well.

The bills may need to be resent if it is deactivated and reactivated as well. The ones that have been sent we may need to change manually as they are not updating but I believe have cleared on the bank side. I believe you should be able to do this but please let us know if you aren't able to.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • miikebauer
    miikebauer Member ✭✭
    Hi Q-Francisco,
    I am going to pass on deactivating and reactivating the bank connection because the issue has completely resolved itself. Since it was not a change on mine or Quicken side, it must have been a glitch on the bank side. Thank you for replying to my messages throughout this ordeal.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @miikebauer

Glad to hear it was able to resolve itself! If you do run into the issue again we can take another look and see what other troubleshooting attempts we can take.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.