Access for Transaction Register in Downloaded Mortgage account

Trying to access the transaction register for my recently added mortgage account through Pennymac. The loan was originated and then sold to Pennymac, so I am trying to accurately transfer the old mortgage balance into the new mortgage account with a simple change in the transaction list. Is this not doable anymore?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Sullymaan

The answer to your question lies with how you actually setup the new mortgage account in Quicken.  For mortgages, Quicken now has what is referred to as a "connected" or "download" mortgage, which does not have a "register" but rather downloads data from the mortgage company/bank/lender without showing details of transactions.  Again - there is no register at all.  

If you have setup your new mortgage account this way, and you want to have the ability to see and potentially edit transactions affecting your mortgage, I would suggest that you delete the new account that you added and you create a new manual mortgage account in Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Sullymaan

The answer to your question lies with how you actually setup the new mortgage account in Quicken.  For mortgages, Quicken now has what is referred to as a "connected" or "download" mortgage, which does not have a "register" but rather downloads data from the mortgage company/bank/lender without showing details of transactions.  Again - there is no register at all.  

If you have setup your new mortgage account this way, and you want to have the ability to see and potentially edit transactions affecting your mortgage, I would suggest that you delete the new account that you added and you create a new manual mortgage account in Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sullymaan
    Sullymaan Member
    So you either have to input all the transactions manually at all times, or hand the account completely over to automatic entry?? I was able to connect my mortgage in past years and still access the register to make adjustments (like assigning escrow to tax or insurance categories). How do you reconcile the escrow account if you can't access the registers??
  • Scott Adams
    Scott Adams Member ✭✭
    Yup once again Quicken gets worse and worse. Over the years they keep doing things to make it "better" but in the end it is more painful for the end user. I too need to enter a mortgage payment that was made to a different category. But see now that won't happen. I have to finagle in the main checking register instead! Phooey.
  • Cholo
    Cholo Member
    Agree that Quicken seems to be getting worse, more buggy, slower and less useful. Alternative search in progress.
  • Cholo
    Cholo Member
    BTW, I've been a Quicken user since the DOS version.
This discussion has been closed.