Issue updating synchrony accounts

This discussion was created from comments split from: What is Quicken doing about Synchrony Errors?.

Comments

• Franhorn
    Franhorn Member ✭✭
    I'm still not able to download transactions from Synchrony . Any news?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Franhorn

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your synchrony accounts. I believe we haven't been experiencing many issues with Synchrony since we resolved them a month or so ago. Are you still getting a specific error message when trying to update from your accounts? If so could you please let us know what ones. Additionally have you done any troubleshooting recently as well?

Once you get the chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do to fix the issue you're currently having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    With all due respect, Francisco, this problem has not been fixed a month ago or so...part of the issue has been fixed for maybe a few days. As far as I am concerned, it is not completely fixed. I am able to download data for some existing accounts, BUT I am still unable to re-set up some accounts which I deleted at the request of Quicken Tech Support during troubleshooting. So, when will this be fixed?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    No one can tell you when something will be fixed until after it happens, that is just nature of the beast.
    Any statements on a timeframe are pure guesses.

And as for Synchrony accounts being "completely fixed" my opinion is it will never happen.
    I have had a few Synchrony accounts (down to only one now) over the years, and they have never been trouble free.  Between my Synchrony accounts and Macy's credit card account I could pretty much expect some kind of problem about once every couple of months.  Some "short duration" and some "long duration".  It is basically the nature of Express Web Connect, especially with some financial institutions like Synchrony.

The whole "connection" is based on Intuit servers logging into the website as you, and using an "agreed upon method" (non standardized) of getting those transactions.  Which is subject to break whenever there are any kind of changes to that website.

My one remaining account with Synchrony is a high yield savings account that for the most part only has one interest payment a month.  I long ago stopped trying to download it and just manually enter the transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bev571
    Bev571 Member ✭✭
    Not able to add new accts for Synchrony Savings Bank. When will this be fixed?
  • CROCK0921
    CROCK0921 Member
    edited September 2021
    [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken should have some idea about this problem You cannot login to synchrony bank nor can you setup the account. Quicken please acknowledge a problem exists with this bank. we are not looking for a time frame just the fact that no connection with this bank exists.
  • whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    This problem has been happening at least since 3/21/2021, as documented in post “Error CC-501 at synchrony Bank”. Actually, it has been an intermittent problem for weeks, if not months longer.
    Isn’t it about time that Quicken either fix the problem or be transparent about the fact that perhaps it will never be fixed? In my personal correspondence with Synchrony, they don’t seem to even recognize Quicken or this problem. This is an excerpt from a chat I had with their customer service:

05/19/2021 08:25:17AM Agent (Ben Sebastian): "Synchrony deposit account customers do not have the ability to manage and download account information using Quicken."

Three months is way too long.
  • rgfwwa
    rgfwwa Member ✭✭
    It's August and store branded cards through Synchrony are still having trouble. On one account, the last good download through One Step Update was around the beginning of July, and another around the middle of July. I have used the cards since then and the card web sites verify that, but I cannot download transactions for Synchrony accounts though One Step Update any more. No error messages, just no new transactions.
This discussion has been closed.