Unable to update password in vault for Bank Of America

Getting an error: "BOfA could not use the password you entered" when trying to change it in Quicken password vault
Password obviously works on BOfA website

Best Answers

• ssohani
    ssohani Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I removed the password. And then I tried "Update Now". It asked me new password with an option to "save" it. That worked!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @ssohani

Thank you for reaching out on Quicken Community. I am sorry that you are having issues with the password vault. To change or update your bank credential in the password vault select Tools >Password Vault >Add/Edit password(s). 
    From there select the account and enter in your appropriate bank credentials. 

If you are unable to change or update your credentials there for any reason you may also try to deactivate the online services and reactivate it afterwards. For further instruction please click here

Hope you find this helpful and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 

Answers

• ssohani
    ssohani Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I removed the password. And then I tried "Update Now". It asked me new password with an option to "save" it. That worked!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @ssohani

Thank you for reaching out on Quicken Community. I am sorry that you are having issues with the password vault. To change or update your bank credential in the password vault select Tools >Password Vault >Add/Edit password(s). 
    From there select the account and enter in your appropriate bank credentials. 

If you are unable to change or update your credentials there for any reason you may also try to deactivate the online services and reactivate it afterwards. For further instruction please click here

Hope you find this helpful and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 

This discussion has been closed.