Why are downloaded credit card payments being categorized as transfers back to the (paying) acct

Options
For years when I ran "Update Accounts" Quicken would download my transactions and match the credit card payments as transfers from checking to Visa or Mastercard. For the past few months those payments show as transfers back to the same account. Checking shows [Checking] ; Visa shows [Visa], etc. How can I get Quicken to function as it has for years (decades)? Or have it stop categorizing those transfers? It still gets 70-80% of the other categories right, so I don't want to turn categorization off completely.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ptr

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with incorrect categorization. For this particular situation, I would recommend editing the memorized payee and eliminate the incorrect category. 

To access the master list select Tools >Memorized Payee List. From there, right-click to edit the payee and take out the incorrect category. Once you have edited the information make sure you check the two boxes below: Never auto-categories and Lock. Visual example is below. 

Hope this is helpful. Let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma