how to migrate from quicken 1.7.4 for mac to current windows quicken deluxe subscription?

flaflamme
flaflamme Member
so far I tried the qfx but the transactions like 1,00 were converted to 100.00 There are 15 years of transactions, it is a lot to convert manually.

Answers

• flaflamme
    flaflamme Member
    I meant quicken essential 1.7.4 for mac
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @flaflamme

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with converting over to Quicken for Windows. I do apologize for the late response. In this case since we're on an older version of the Mac software I'm thinking we might need to convert to a more recent version of the program first before moving over to Mac. Are you able to install the most recent version of Quicken? If you have purchased the subscription for the windows program you also are able to download the Mac version as well.

If do have the recent version first we'll want to install Quicken for Mac. You should be able to install it using the link down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Once you've done this you'll want to convert you Quicken essentials files in to the Mac version. You should be able to do so while you're installing Quicken for Mac and it'll convert into the the file. The link down below goes into more detail about converting.

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac

Once you've converted the file you have the choice of using the converted file/backup or you can create a QXF file to convert over. The steps on how to do so are in the previous file for QXF converting. If you use the file/backup you'll bring the file over to windows and open it to convert it to windows. 

At this point you should be fully converted and we should be able to now have the correct amounts after converting. This is a bit of a process so if you would like help I would recommend contacting Quicken  Support for guidance. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.