Missing Transaction Discovered during Reconciliation

I post my Credit Card Transactions Manually, posting Individually to Appropriate Accounts. i.e. Expense category, Personal Property Account, etc
Today, when reconciling Credit Card Account, I'm 100% sure I entered the transaction in Credit Card account last month. I know this because my notes on receipt shows how I distributed the cost.
Well, maybe I forgot to save the transaction. If I remember correctly, Quicken would ask if I want to save transaction when moving on to next task.
I'm mentioning this now because this was not the first time during the last two months. This transaction was not in any account.
I have in the past posted to the incorrect account and can easily correct during Reconciliation. but not in these cases.
I have visually seen transactions disappear when I jump to another transaction and comeback and it gone.
HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS HAPPEN RECENTLY?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Orig User

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your transactions not saving. I'm wondering what exactly is causing the issue you're having. It sounds like the transactions potentially aren't saving but I'm also wondering if it might be something else as well. Lets double check to see if the mobile sync might also be causing issues as that might be a possibility. We can double check by going going across the top to edit > preferences > mobile & web > Sync OFF. 

You may already have this disabled but it's worth double checking. Once you get a chance to check, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Orig User
    Orig User Member ✭✭
    I checked Mobile & Web Setting and Sync is OFF
    I prefer to keep financial on my Secure PC, not on my Mobile.

PS: I replied to your email as you suggested. email failed.

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> noreply+d7895965-s6031128@quicken.com (after RCPT TO): 550 5.4.1
    >>> noreply+Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281)
    >>> noreply+[DM6NAM04FT065.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com]
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Orig User

Thanks for the update. While the email does say you're able to reply you aren't able to. We're looking to get it corrected so it no longer says that. As for the issue I'm wondering why exactly some of these transactions might not be saving. It sounds like you have the save transaction prompt enabled as well so it should always prompt you if you try switching to another transaction as well.  We'll want to double check to be sure. 

You can check by going across the top to edit > preferences > notify > to save a transaction after changing it (last option).

My other idea here is maybe if there might be a trend in the specific transactions that disappear. Are there any similarities in what you've been able to find within these transactions? If so please let us know and we'll see what our next step is.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Orig User
    Orig User Member ✭✭
    Hi,
    Notification Items are all Checked.

Transactions were all new. Not Scheduled or Memorized.

Thanks for following up
    I've been using Quicken since November 1991