How do I edit the payment of a loan?

I cannot edit the payment of a loan. My loan suddenly shows the balance as the payment amount. The project payoff is in two months and the graph is a straight line. Odd how the payoff is in two months but the monthly payment amount is the balance of the loan! I clicked on "Edit" under "Monthly Payment" but it only allows me to edit other. The principle is still the loan balance less some interest. Then there is interest and a space for other (Edit). So I clicked on "Payment Options." Loan Reminder was checked so I clicked on "Memorize Payee." and clicked OK. The Edit Payment screen still showed the balance as the payment. So I clicked on OK thinking it might reset. Still no place to enter the Principle and Interest.

How do I get this back in order?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Scheduled Reminder is, IMHO, your best bet of getting the payment splits to match the mortgage statement. For all this to work correctly, the loan must not be activated for downloading from the bank.

• Scott Stewart
    Scott Stewart Member ✭✭
    Thank you, UKR. Your other answer was excellent! This answer...eh. It's not wrong. It just didn't fix the problem. I have this so jacked up now that all I can do is continue the payments as programmed, make my occasional extra payments and "update" the balance from time to time until it goes away.

I really appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.