Home Inventory works and fails on different computers

Options
John1234
John1234 Member
I have two computers a Microsoft Surface Pro and a Dell Desktop. I have been installing and upgrading Quicken for some time on both computers. The Home Inventory Manager works fine on the Dell Desktop but fails on the Surface Pro. It makes me think it is a screen problem and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what I can do on the Surface Pro to make it work.

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @John1234

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done since this program is no longer supported. It may very well be a display issue or it could be a compatibility issue. It is difficult to troubleshoot without the proper resources. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • mrfranklinunit4318
    mrfranklinunit4318 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    You would think for what it cost yearly for renewal that Quicken would update Home Inventory. I lost a lot of items
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One other thing is to try is find the QuickenHomeInventory.exe (located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken in my system) and with Quicken closed make it run as Administrator. After you do this double click it install the program.

If nothing works the only other alternative is to another Home Inventory program like Attic Manager https://www.guacosoft.com/attic/). It will read the QHI.IDB data file.
    I have been using it for years, Just make sure you have a copy of the Home Inventory data file called QHI.IDB.
    Should be in the same location as your Qdata.QDF file. (Documents folder)

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.