Update of Transactions

Options
I have 13 banks\credit cards that I update daily (not rich but spread my money).  When I click on update, Quicken takes a long time and eventually completes the update except for 1 or 2 account (different account each day).  I then go into the register that those account s and request them to update and the updates are almost always successful.  
So why does Quicken fail on these updates when I request update for all my accounts.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    neil154 said:
    I usually log in Quicken each morning and do the update.  So the institution should have done their nightly update but yet sometimes it fails but when I try that same failed institution moments later it succeeds. I'm a little confused and would appreciate a little more information.
    An Express Web Connect update may fail for many different intermittent reasons.  For example, a financial institution's web site might be down for maintenance at the time the nightly update was performed.  

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

I suspect the accounts that fail on the initial update may be using the Express Web Connect connection method.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It appears that many of my accounts are using Express Web and only 1 shows that they support diect connect and it failed in trying to upgrade to that type of connection.  If Express web connect is the problem then why does it succeed when I do the update for that institution by itself.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    neil154 said:
    It appears that many of my accounts are using Express Web and only 1 shows that they support diect connect and it failed in trying to upgrade to that type of connection.  If Express web connect is the problem then why does it succeed when I do the update for that institution by itself.
    Because, when you perform the update subsequently, the Express Web Connect server's actually attempts to connect to financial institution's web site as opposed to returning the status of the once nightly update.
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually log in Quicken each morning and do the update.  So the institution should have done their nightly update but yet sometimes it fails but when I try that same failed institution moments later it succeeds. I'm a little confused and would appreciate a little more information.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    neil154 said:
    An Express Web Connect update may fail for many different intermittent reasons.  For example, a financial institution's web site might be down for maintenance at the time the nightly update was performed.