Quicken - Automatic - Update feature ERROR

A couple times a week, when I open my quicken file, the program attempts to do an update. In the past there has NOT been any issues. However, for the past few months I get this error message each time the update attempts an update:

:( :( The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w4261\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process

I have restarted my system to "clean" things up, but it does not resolve the update error.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @stevejrandik

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience with the community.  Typically the message "in use by another process" indicates a block or quarantine of the update file by the antivirus/security software.

If you haven't already, I would recommend temporarily pausing the antivirus software, then download and install the latest Mondo Patch, available here.

Once installed, the antivirus software should be restarted.  Quicken should then stop trying to install the update when opening, but please let us know how it goes and if this behavior persists.

Thank you again,

Sarah