Bank of America transactions not updating since 6/19/21

My BofA transactions have not updated since 6/19/21. I tried resetting several times. I am using the Quicken Windows Subscription Version R34.20 Build 27.1.34.20. Please help.

Best Answer

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Is your cloud "Sync" enabled in Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web?  Sometimes strange or inconsistent issues happen when the cloud data gets corrupted or out of sync and the solution is to delete the cloud data and the system will automatically recreate a fresh one - you will not lose anything but always backup first.
    Syncing is needed for mobile or web to function, but If you do not use mobile or web at all, it is recommended to disable the Sync - but before doing that, first delete or reset the cloud dataset anyway, then turn off Sync.
    Here are the instructions to delete your cloud data provided by Quicken support: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
    Added: Note that you cannot delete your main cloud dataset directly from your main file.  Instead create "another" test Quicken file (can be even blank) and using that you can delete your main dataset.  Wish Quicken had this last bit in the instructions.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kraigrsmith

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, what other error codes/messages are you getting? Just to clarify by resetting to you mean deactivating/re-linking? Is this occurring with only one account or multiple?

Once more information is provided we can move forward with diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • kraigrsmith
    kraigrsmith Member
    I've tried deactivating, resetting and re-linking. Sometimes I get a CC-502 error after setup and other times it won't update the transactions. This occurs only on my Bank of America accounts. My other accounts update successfully.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kraigrsmith

Thank you for providing those additional details, however, I apologize but I have a few more questions.

When reactivating the accounts, did you select the "Set Up Now" button in the Online Services tab of the Account Detail window?

Or did you select "Add Account" from the tools menu or Account List window?  If using the Add Account option, which financial institution name was selected from the list?  Bank of America - All Other States?  Or the Bank of America - Quicken option?

If the set up now button was selected, please deactivate all of the Bank of America accounts once more and go through the Tools menu > Add Account process, selecting the Bank of America - All Other States option from the list of financial institutions and let us know how it goes, if the accounts update correctly or the CC-502 error persists.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • m_rowan
    m_rowan Member ✭✭
    This is still an issue as of 7/15/2021
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Is your cloud "Sync" enabled in Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web?  Sometimes strange or inconsistent issues happen when the cloud data gets corrupted or out of sync and the solution is to delete the cloud data and the system will automatically recreate a fresh one - you will not lose anything but always backup first.
    Syncing is needed for mobile or web to function, but If you do not use mobile or web at all, it is recommended to disable the Sync - but before doing that, first delete or reset the cloud dataset anyway, then turn off Sync.
    Here are the instructions to delete your cloud data provided by Quicken support: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
    Added: Note that you cannot delete your main cloud dataset directly from your main file.  Instead create "another" test Quicken file (can be even blank) and using that you can delete your main dataset.  Wish Quicken had this last bit in the instructions.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• kraigrsmith
    kraigrsmith Member
    This worked! Thank you for your help.