Why can I not connect with Regions when I changed my password.

Danny Y
Danny Y Member
Quicken will not accept the special character requirement from Regions. If I try to "Add an Account" I can enter the password and Quicken pulls the appropriate bank accounts from Regions. However, after I go to the next step to link the files and tell it to "Add to Quicken" I get an error telling me to enter my password which I do. Quicken immediately comes back and says Regions will not accept it. Regions did accept it when it pulled the accounts but now it won't accept it. This is not a bank issue. What is the problem?

Answers

• TammyB
    TammyB Member
    I've been having same issue since Regions changed their password requirement. I really expected this would have been resolved by now. Frustrating!
  • Danny Y
    Danny Y Member
    How long has this been going on? I just changed my password last week. Quicken and Regions are both blaming the other.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    How do I refresh my financial institution information in Quicken?

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• jerry_C
    jerry_C Member
    You can also get the same error if your bank password contains special characters that Quicken cannot handle. Note that Quicken will not tell you which special characters they will or will not handle. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.