Manual user renewing Quicken

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can I have Quicken without a Subscription.

Comments

• Mineau51
    Mineau51 Member
    I use my Quicken strictly as an electronic checkbook register. I record my transactions and reconcile. I don't download or make reports. I don't even put my real bank's name in the account info. I've grudgingly paid for my new license when I've gotten new computers over the years and was perfectly willing to do so again, but now you're telling me I have to pay an annual subscription for all these features that I don't even use? You do realize I'm old enough to know how to balance my checkbook manually, right? Your product is handy, and I've used it for many years, but unless an alternative is available (such as a very slimmed down version), I will survive without you.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did you keep getting the new versions?  You could have stayed on an older version.  I'm still using Quicken 2013 on Windows 10.  I do everything manually.   Sure glad I never upgraded after reading all the posts in the forum.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mineau51

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue about you're having. With the way you're using Quicken as a checkbook manually you likely don't need all the feature that are offered by the subscription. With the subscription model if you have the deluxe or higher model if you decide to not renew Quicken you are able to use it as a checkbook manually still. You do not need to renew and continue using Quicken as you would normally in this case. With that being said you will have banners on the side and top asking to renew but you do not need to in your case.

If you have any questions please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still using QW2017 in manual mode. Works great. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• How do I get it to just function in manual mode? I never use any of the online services ... just off line checkbook. It's locked me out saying I have to pay a subscription.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version do you have?  You can enter everything manually in Deluxe or higher.  But if you have the Starter Edition it goes into read only mode if you don't renew.  So you need to add Deluxe or higher to use it offline.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or find a copy of Quicken 2017 or 2016 and use it in manual mode. The Quicken data file is backwards compatible with those versions.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.