Norton 360 is blocking the opening of my Quicken file this morning. How do I fix?

Options
dibellarj
dibellarj Unconfirmed ✭✭
I utilize Quicken Premier on a daily basis. When I attempted to open up my Quicken file this morning, I received a message "Quicken is unable to open the selected file. If this is a Quicken File, validate the file using File menu -> Validate and Repair. Update any antivirus applications on your computer. Restart Windows before trying to open the file again in Quicken. "

I tried the steps described above and continue to receive the same message. I am running Version:R34.24 on Windows 10. Norton 360 is my antivirus software. Norton 360 shows a message "Data Protector Blocked a suspicious action by qw.exe. Action blocked". Any suggestions would be appreciated.   
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @dibellarj

Thank you for reporting that you are continuing to experience issues with Norton and the latest Windows releases.

Our teams worked with Norton and implemented changes to resolve this behavior, however, you may need to update the AV definitions in Norton to ensure your system has received these changes.

If you haven't already, please follow the steps available here, from Norton, that explain how to update the AV definitions.

Once done, please try to open/update Quicken once more and let us know if you continue to experience an issue with the Norton Antivirus.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @dibellarj

Thank you for reporting that you are continuing to experience issues with Norton and the latest Windows releases.

Our teams worked with Norton and implemented changes to resolve this behavior, however, you may need to update the AV definitions in Norton to ensure your system has received these changes.

If you haven't already, please follow the steps available here, from Norton, that explain how to update the AV definitions.

Once done, please try to open/update Quicken once more and let us know if you continue to experience an issue with the Norton Antivirus.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dibellarj
    dibellarj Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Sarah - thanks for the quick response and solution.  I’m back up and running. 
  • Quicken Sarah
    Options
    @dibellarj - You are very welcome and thank you for confirming you are back up and running :)

If there's anything else the community can assist with, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.