Dialog Box Not Showing Up

Options
:( For the past 15 years or so, every time I reconcile a credit card account the dialog box pops up asking if I want to pay with a handwritten check, etc. Suddenly, no dialog box, which I miss. Help!

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @HonestJohn

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend resetting your warning and alerts to have the dialog box appear again. To do this first, select Edit (top left corner) >Preferences >Alerts & Messages >Reset Quicken Warnings. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If all else fails and the above does not resurrect the missing popup, may I recommend you set up and use Scheduled Reminders for your credit card payments?
    They work fine for me. When I receive the email notification about "new statement available" from the credit card company all I have to do is to execute the scheduled reminder to record the payment transaction (and for you to write or print a check).
    To not miss payments I have set up most of my credit cards and other bills to use AutoPay (Direct Debit, PAC Draft, etc.) to directly withdraw the amount due on due date from my checking account. I have not missed a payment in many years doing it this way.