How to delete payee in the Online Center Drop Down List

Jason Gittman
Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
In the Online Center's Payment Tab for paying bills, there is a drop down box for selecting the payee to pay. In that list, there are duplicate payees and payees that have been deleted from the Online Payee LIst long ago. Yet they still appear in the Online Center's Payee Drop Down List. How can I delete the payee from the drop down list if the payee does not appear in the Online Payee List?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jason Gittman,

I believe that you may be confusing the Online Center Payee List with Bill and Income Reminders. 

The Online Payee List contains all of the payees that you have made online payments to - and once you make such a online payment those payees will generally remain (and appear) in that list until you delete them from it.  Bill and Income Reminders, on the other hand, represent payments (or income items) that you pay or receive income from on a regular basis (usually monthly) and they are simply reminders of upcoming transactions.  So, if you no longer need to make periodic payments to some payees, you should first delete them from your reminders, which will cause them to no longer pop-up as payments due.  Additionally you can also delete them from your Online Payee list, if you like.

Let me know of you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    I am not confusing the Online Payee List and the Bill and Income Reminder List. In fact, I am not not even referring to the Online Payee List. I am referring to the drop down list of payees on the Payment tab in the Online Center as mentioned in my question. It contain Payees that are no longer in the Online Payee List, I was wondering if there was some way to delete them as there are outdated payees listed.
This discussion has been closed.