Could not update to Version R34.xx

spenmay1943
spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
I could not update to version R34.20. A message said another program was using Quicken. I deleted Quicken from the cloud and that message no longer appears. BUT, when I search for updates to Quicken, it says I have latest version which is R34.19.

Best Answers

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Down load and run the Mondo patch. Get it here.
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I followed the instructions for downloading the Mondo Patch. During the download it brought up a Quicken screen with an error message stating something about improper protocol. In essence I didn't get any more instructions. BUT I went into Quicken and check for updates, said install and it did!!! I have no idea why or how it happened, but it did.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Just to clarify -
    The above download is from the Quicken support website
    and any error messages would have been "website" related and not really the Quicken software product.

After Check for Updates - what version are you finally running now....   Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @spenmay1943

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. At this time version, R34.20 is no longer available for download since there were some issues with installing it. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much!
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    I could not update to version R34.24. Yesterday I had same problem with update R34.20. You responded and I thank you. Is the same type of problem happening with this update? A message said another program was using Quicken.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @spenmay1943

Thank you for your response. There is a new alert for Quicken version R34.24 having issues being implemented with Norton. For additional updates and information please click here. I apologize for the nuisance. 

-Quicken Paloma. 
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I do not have Norton installed. I use another security software. The update R34.24 failed this AM also. I guess I will wait until Quicken creates a fix for whatever this issue maybe. The same error message, "another program using this file".
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few other discussions going on in the Community about this "file in use" issue.
    May I ask what other security software you are using?
    Are you also using feature that could be called "Live Backup" (immediately creates a backup of any new or changed file to a cloud or external storage location). I'm just guessing, but this could be what's interfering with the installation process. If that were the case, does your backup process have a delay feature (e.g., delay backup for 15 minutes)? This would allow installation to proceed without live backup getting in the way. Many installation files are short-lived or temporary in nature and don't really need to be backed up immediately.
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    I don't have any "Live Backup" that I'm aware of. I use Trend Micro Internet Security.
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem today, another program using file. If this isn't resolved by mid week, I will have to call Quicken technical support, Thanks for your help.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Questions:
    1. Are you using Scheduled Updates?
    2. What is the path to your Program Files and Data Files?
    3. Is your computer, defragmenting your partition, running in the background?
    4. Have you scanned for Viruses?
    5. How much memory is installed?
    6. Have you cleaned your computer?
    7. Cleaned your Windows Registry?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the suggestions but I do not believe any of the suggestions are the reason for the fix not downloading.
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Down load and run the Mondo patch. Get it here.
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I followed the instructions for downloading the Mondo Patch. During the download it brought up a Quicken screen with an error message stating something about improper protocol. In essence I didn't get any more instructions. BUT I went into Quicken and check for updates, said install and it did!!! I have no idea why or how it happened, but it did.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Just to clarify -
    The above download is from the Quicken support website
    and any error messages would have been "website" related and not really the Quicken software product.

After Check for Updates - what version are you finally running now....   Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    R34.24. Thanks for the input on the Mondo Patch.