Nvidia Stock Split downloaded from Etrade

Options
jjrichards
jjrichards Member ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I am running Quicken Premier 2021 and Win 10. The Nvidia stock split 4 for 1 that occurred Tuesday 7 20 is not providing an option for a stock split .
My options are 1 Remove all Shares , 2. Short Sale 3. Reverse stock split ( gives me less shares which is not correct.

My brokerage is Etrade. Has anyone else run into this issue from their Etrade account .
Thank you

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @jjrichards,

Thanks for posting that screenshot; it is helpful.  It looks like Etrade's download is expecting you to "transfer out" the shares you owned before the split and (I guess) "transfer in" the total shares you own after the split - which makes no sense.  That would also likely cause you to lose your cost basis and start your holding period over from scratch.

I would suggest - especially since this is a straight-forward stock split transaction - that you delete the download entry and manually record the 4 for 1 split.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jjrichards,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems recording the stock split. 

Can you give me a little more information?  When you say "My options are 1 Remove all Shares , 2. Short Sale 3. Reverse stock split" - exactly which screen are you looking at that has only those options?  Can you post what you are seeing here in this thread (by dragging & dropping a screenshot/image of what you see into this message thread?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Frank:
    Enclosed is a screen shot. On other stock splits I recall Etrade downloaded the info correctly . When you click on " accept " in the transaction there are the below choices, none are correct. If you use other brokerage firms Fidelity, Schwab , etc this may not be an issue as they would record correctly. The only option I see is to delete and record the stock split 4 for 1 transaction " manually "
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @jjrichards,

Thanks for posting that screenshot; it is helpful.  It looks like Etrade's download is expecting you to "transfer out" the shares you owned before the split and (I guess) "transfer in" the total shares you own after the split - which makes no sense.  That would also likely cause you to lose your cost basis and start your holding period over from scratch.

I would suggest - especially since this is a straight-forward stock split transaction - that you delete the download entry and manually record the 4 for 1 split.

Frankx

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    What does the actual downloaded  register entry show ?   This post download action is attempting to make something match. 
    Do you have Auto Accept enabled for downloaded transactions ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did not download the transaction . I did not "accept" since it seemed incorrect. I do not have it set up for " auto accept". Frankx responded which I agree that I need to enter the " stock split " manually.
    Thank you .
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jjrichards said: I did not download the transaction
    if you didn't download anything - then what triggered the prompted action ?
    Did you perform a One Step Update - and something was downloaded from Etrade ?
    or - are you doing something else ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded the transaction from Etrade into Quicken ,
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx's response is on target.  Etrade has apparently offered in their download a poor option.  Delete that offering and use a manual entry StkSplt transaction.  It is too common (IMO) that brokerages take a misstep on these transactions, which is why the users need to be on their toes.