Portfolio Tracking for Crypto Currencies

james.e.thompson
james.e.thompson Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I can't be the first - but, please add ability to track in a brokerage portfolio the various crypto currencies.

Comments

• MELCO
    MELCO Member ✭✭
    I agree... Crypto tracking is needed...now...
    MEL
  • Rich-Vegas
    Rich-Vegas Member ✭✭
    Some feedback on Crypto interface would be nice, or is Mint working on it?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't understand the question about Mint? That's a different product from a different company. 

There is a feature request for support of cryptocurrencies here, and it has been marked as "Planned" by the developers. We don't know how soon it will appear. There is apparently significant under-the-hood work needed to change from 6 to 8 decimal places for cryptocurrencies. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • binder_dan
    binder_dan Member ✭✭
    I agree. Being able to download data from the Crypto currency exchanges is needed as the asset class continues to be adopted by more users. In the meantime, how can Crypto currency data be downloaded from a CSV file. When I try to import from Yahoo Finance, I receive an error message.
  • Nor10
    Nor10 Member ✭✭
    Why doesn't Quicken for Mac provide access to Crypto Exchanges and Crypto Symbols? With exchanges like Coinbase and other that are more mainstream this should be a capability in Quicken for Mac (subscription)
  • jacobs
    edited July 2021
    @Nor10  As I noted above above, there is a feature request for support of cryptocurrencies here, and it has been marked as "Planned" by the developers. Planned Ideas are closed for additional voting.

We just don't know how soon it will appear. There is apparently significant under-the-hood work needed to change from 6 to 8 decimal places for cryptocurrencies, and that work needs to be implemented in not just Quicken Mac, but Quicken Windows and Quicken mobile & web, so it's a pretty major project.
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    <strike><a rel="nofollow" href="https://community.quicken.com/profile/jacobs" title="Link: https://community.quicken.com/profile/jacobs">@jacobs<;/a> the link you provided is for windows not Mac. is there another thread to vote up or follow for when this comes into the pipeline for development?</strike>

<i>[EDIT: Link has been updated above and below to reference the correct Quicken Mac Idea thread.]</i>
  • jacobs
    edited July 2021
    [Link above was incorrect, and has been corrected]
This discussion has been closed.