Converting Win backup file to Mac

I have a Windows backup file that I am trying to convert on my Mac. I go to File>new, choose from a Windows backup file, and the process begins fine. Twice now it stalls with a screen indicating "Importing Data... Importing Investment Transactions". A second pop up window appears with "Import" in the title bar and "Preparing to import..." as a subtitle. A blue progress bar whips back and forth, but the application stops responding at this point. The second time I left it for several hours, but no change.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @David Carpenter, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties converting your file. To better assist I need more information for instance, what versions of Quicken are you using (please include Mac and Windows)? Does it give you any error messages? Prior to attempting to convert your file did you validate it on the Windows side? 

If you haven't yet please check the link below for instructions and information about converting your data file from Windows to Mac. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quicken-windows-quicken-mac-2016

Please provide further details and let us know if you have other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.