Toyota Financial - error CC 502

kryptogenic
kryptogenic Member ✭✭
I'm having issues for several days now with Toyota Financial Bank downloading transactions. I consistently receive a 502 error. Since it's been happening for at least 4 days straight I am wondering if this is a known issue or is there something I can do to fix.

Best Answer

• kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just heard back from quicken support today stating they worked with the provider to fix it and I can confirm it's working again for me.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Thanks -yes I saw that already and it's been about 4 days. Is this perhaps related: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893969/ongoing-6-18-21-cc-501-errors-returned-for-multiple-financial-institutions#latest. It doesn't say which institutions but I just saw it.
  • AMcDaniel
    AMcDaniel Member
    I am having the same issue and it has been about 5 days now.
  • JJENDERS1
    JJENDERS1 Member ✭✭
    Same problem for last 5 days
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Thanks everyone - it just means there's nothing for us to fix then guessing it's part of that link I posted above then.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks -yes I saw that already and it's been about 4 days. Is this perhaps related: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893969/ongoing-6-18-21-cc-501-errors-returned-for-multiple-financial-institutions#latest. It doesn't say which institutions but I just saw it.
    What did Quicken Support have to say when you contacted them as instructed in the guidance provided when the CC-502 error persists?
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    I'm just waiting for this to be fixed at this point by Quicken since it's apparently a known issue.
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Update - I worked with Quicken support and after creating new files, etc. I'm still not getting in and getting nowhere. This is the response even after giving the link twice which says to contact support: I understand then, if the test did not work either, that is a proof that the bank is either enhancing their security or website or even blocking third party access and not letting Quicken to access their servers for now (in a normal situation the main file would not connect but the test file should), in this case what I would advise you to do would be, to contact the bank, and for the online services or IT dept tell them about the issue to see if they can authorize Quicken to access their servers.

So - Quicken is tellling me it's not their problem even though it's apparently the same issue so If anyone else on here wants to give it a go to get Toyota Financial listed....
  • JJENDERS1
    JJENDERS1 Member ✭✭
    This was found on Toyota Financials website.

Do you use personal financial services such as mint.com to aggregate your Toyota Financial Services (TFS) account?

As a valued Toyota Financial Services (TFS) customer, your privacy and security of your personal information is important us. As you are aware we have strengthened the security controls around customer authentication to include multi factor authentication. You may find it difficult or unable to log in if you use personal financial service providers such as mint.com to aggregate your financial information. Some of these personal financial service providers have not changed their procedures to account for TFS security improvements. This has resulted in account lock outs due to multiple log in attempts made on your behalf by the personal finance service providers. If you wish to allow such sites to access your TFS account, please reset or refresh your login information directly with your personal financial services site.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Rest assured you can always access your account directly through toyotafinancial.com or our myTFS mobile app.
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    @JJENDERS1 Thanks - I was able to do the mfa before in Quicken. This problem is different in that it's not even connecting at all. I am not locked out of my account and can login fine.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here)

An online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

• kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Well it was working fine up until 5 or so days ago now which is consistent with the known outage going on. I just wish Quicken would acknowledge this is part of that. The goal of synching this data is to manage my complete financial picture. If I can't connect then I am missing data that makes up my financial health, etc. I don't want to do this manually especially in 2021.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kryptogenic

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a CC-502 error when attempting to update accounts with Toyota Financial.

I took the liberty of reviewing the recent chat interaction with our Support team and apologize for the information that was provided and the unsatisfactory resolution of the chat.

Please attempt to update Toyota Financial once more, when the update fails with the expected CC-502 error, please close the One Step Update and go to the Help menu in Quicken and select the "Report a Problem" option.

In the window that opens, please select each of the files listed, if not already selected, enter "Attn: Sarah CC-502" in the subject line and when ready click Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please reply here and let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.  A CC-502 error is different from the known CC-501 Users are experiencing with multiple credit unions, so there may be something else happening here that we need to look further into.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah Awesome thanks I just uploaded. One thing to note is that support had me remove the accounts so I ran through adding it, it got the cc 502, and I sent the logs. Since they're no longer in my file I can only try and add and let it fail, I can't try and run a sync.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @kryptogenic

Thank you for providing the requested information.  I did receive the report and performed a review of the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institution where I found the following internal message:

The "FI Timeout" message indicates that Quicken is reaching out to the financial institution servers correctly, however, we are not receiving a response from their server, as such, the request is timing out and ending.

This is definitely a different issue from the 501 error with multiple credit unions and depending on how long this has been occurring, may require an escalation to our service providers to resolve.

I know you reported this first on the 22nd and said you'd been receiving it for about 4 days before reporting it, is 6 days the correct timeframe or has this been happening for longer?

Please let me know, thank you.

Sarah
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah It's been about 5-6 days that this started yes. I only reported as it went on for multiple days without resolving itself.
  • Quicken Sarah
    @kryptogenic

Perfect, thank you for confirming the timeframe.  With this information, I've forwarded the provided log files to our internal team for further review and possible escalation with our service partners.

Once an update is received from the team I'll be back in contact with more details.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah Thanks so much! I appreciate all of your assistance.
  • Quicken Sarah
    edited June 2021
    @kryptogenic - I just received confirmation that this error has been escalated with our service providers. 

We've opened a support ticket on your behalf - Ticket #8672928 and any further updates, troubleshooting steps or the resolution, when available, will be sent to you via email by our Escalations team as the case proceeds.

Thank you again for working with me on this issue and your patience while the teams work to resolve the internal cause of this error.  Please let the community know if there are any further questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Sarah
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah You rock - thanks so much for all of your help with this!
  • Susan White
    Susan White Member ✭✭
    @kryptogenic, @Quicken Sarah, Please post the updates, troubleshooting tips or the resolution here. I am having the exact same issue.

Thank you,
    Susan
  • davideasum
    davideasum Member
    Same here....
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Just letting everyone know I just heard back that it's fixed and I can verify it's working for me. I hope it's working for everyone else now. Of note I didn't have to do anything so it should just work if that helps.
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Update - it worked yesterday but is back to CC-502 again today. I did send an email back to their internal support - hoping they got it.
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah Thanks again for your assistance - it did work once but then stopped working again the very next day with a CC 502 and now a CC 505. I'm not sure what they did to fix it that one time but it broke again. I did respond and never heard back on that internal ticket and I'm assuming it's either cause of holiday or otherwise. I don't know if there's any way to get an update this way on it. I emailed back on July 1st but no response so far.
  • clcavett
    clcavett Member
    I am experiencing this same problem. It stopped working for me in late June, worked one day as others have said, and then went back to not working again. And still doesn't work. Quicken, can't you please work with Toyota to fix this? Also, is there a way I can manually update my principal balance on a web-connect account? I haven't been able to find it if there is. Thanks
  • PhilK
    PhilK Member ✭✭
    I'm still seeing this issue with my Quicken subscription and TFS.
  • Mark Rasmussen
    Mark Rasmussen Member ✭✭
    I am also still seeing this error. "FI_TIMEOUT:ccscrape.103.Gateway Time-out." Oddly, there is a grayed out message under that, "Last attempt: 6/29/2021 - 2:31pm," which would NOT be accurate because I balance my accounts every day.
  • kryptogenic
    kryptogenic Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just heard back from quicken support today stating they worked with the provider to fix it and I can confirm it's working again for me.
  • Ed Busacker
    Ed Busacker Member
    I had the CC-502 sync error with Toyota Financial Services since 6/19/2021. A few days ago, on Saturday, 7/24/2021, it finally worked! I re-added the account successfully, it synced and showed the same balance as the website. I just synced again, so it's still working. Please try again. Hopefully it's working again for you as well!
This discussion has been closed.