What would cause Dates to Change on Scheduled Transactions?

I'm using Quicken for Windows Version R3424 running on Windows 10 Home. I have many many scheduled transactions. The monthly ones (e.g. CD interest) seem to work fine, however I will sometimes see annual transactions where the date has changed spontaneously (e.g. today I saw a Christmas gift reminder that had the date changed from December to October).

I believe this was an issue previously when using the One Step Update to sync the desktop to the cloud, however I stopped doing that last year.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Phil7108

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your bill reminder. To start we should want to double check to see if sync may have been reenabled to start. After checking again again the next thing I'd see is if we might see any changes if we were to perform a validate. You can do so by going across the top to file > validate and repair file > validate file > ok.

Once you get a chance to try these steps let us know if you're able to find anything out. From there we'll see what our next steps are.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Phil7108
    Phil7108 Member ✭✭
    I checked and my One Step Update setting for "Sync to Quicken Cloud" is NOT checked.

I ran the validation and the only errors were related to older transactions that were associated with accounts that had been deleted from Quicken.

Is there a way to delete all the data that is on the cloud and then initiate a new sync from my laptop?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    @Phil7108

Yes there is a way to if you would like to. Just be aware if you have any check pay accounts/online billers they'll need to be resynced to the cloud. I'll leave steps down below.

To start off we'll want to create a new file. You can do this by going across the top to file > new > Select a name > Don't use mobile and web > add account. From there you'll want to follow the article down below on how to delete datasets. (You don't need to add any accounts)

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've deleted the dataset you should be able to go back to your file by going across the top to file > 2 (File Name/Location).  You'll want to cloud sync again and you can go that by going across the top to mobile & web > Cloud Sync.

Once you've had the chance to do so I would recommend correcting the scheduled transactions that were giving us issues. Additionally I would also recommend trying to create a duplicate of one of the transactions and seeing if they have a similar issue as well. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.