Various transactions in other accounts keep showing up in my checking account. Is there a fix?

One example, I entered a subscription fee in my American Express credit card account and it also shows up in my Checking account. I've deleted it and re-entered it the American Express account and it still also shows up in as a transaction in my Checking account.

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What is the category on the transaction?  Maybe it is being a Transfer to the Checking acct.  like picking it up from  prior transaction that was a transfer.  I don't know Mac but see if you can show a Transfer column in the credit card register and see if the Checking acct is listed.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like volvogirl is onto something. Transfers in QMac can exist even though the Category is not "Transfer". To check this, turn on the Transfer column in the register (menu View > Columns).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• gnisk
    gnisk Member
    BTW, I am using Quicken 2017.
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    What is the category on the transaction?  Maybe it is being a Transfer to the Checking acct.  like picking it up from  prior transaction that was a transfer.  I don't know Mac but see if you can show a Transfer column in the credit card register and see if the Checking acct is listed.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like volvogirl is onto something. Transfers in QMac can exist even though the Category is not "Transfer". To check this, turn on the Transfer column in the register (menu View > Columns).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gnisk
    gnisk Member
    That was it! Thank you, volvogirl and RickO. You are geniuses! Do you have any idea how that setting got "triggered", or is it just a bug of sorts?
  • volvogirl
    Like I said it may have enough been entered as a Transfer in the past and got memorized and copied to the next time.

• gnisk
    gnisk Member
    Ok. It happened with five different payees and some were just retail stores with regular categories, like "clothing", and I would never had used those particular payees for a Transfer ever. Maybe I toggled Transfer without realizing it. Anyway, I know how to fix it now thanks to you all!
This discussion has been closed.