Ally Bank - CC-503/103 (Windows & Mac) [Edited]

2»

Answers

• arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    I believe this issue is resolved. I've now been able to connect my accounts and download transactions for at least a couple days.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    arcee49. Still not working for me. Did you make any changes such as your password? 
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    @RCinNJ Strangely enough I didn't change a thing to my password.

However, while trying to previously debug the issue I disconnected one of my Ally accounts from Online Services. So I re-connected that account, re-linked all the accounts it found at Ally to my Quicken accounts, and then it worked.

A couple accounts had some incorrect beginning balances and also downloaded transactions from months ago so that was frustrating but at least it's working now.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    @arcee49. Thanks for the details. Yes, I was able to reconnect my account!

I had thought the Quicken moderators would have reported this here. Also, that Ally would change their Quicken facts since my password definitely has those "taboo" characters. Like you, I did have to fix several months of duplicate downloads. I hope it stays connected!
  • arcee49
    arcee49 Member ✭✭
    @RCinNJ Great! Glad it works for you now as well.

I'm also disappointed. When I spoke to Ally they said they would send an email announcing the fix but none ever arrived. (Maybe I unsubscribed from such emails? Who knows.)

But at least it works for now and I didn't have to make my password less secure.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    from the Ally FAQ's 

https://www.ally.com/help/bank/quicken.html

Why aren't my Ally account transactions showing in Quicken®?

There are a few possible reasons:

• There are special characters in your account nickname. Characters, such as &, @, $, *, will prevent Quicken® from updating.

• There were no transactions in your account for the given time period. This is often the case with CDs.

• You changed your Ally Online Banking password and forgot to update the information in Quicken®.

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Mark1104. As I said, the information on this page is incorrect. Something changed (don't know if by Ally or Quicken) where I can again download from my Ally account using my existing password which includes many of these and other symbols. I did need to disconnect and reconnect in Quicken for Mac.
This discussion has been closed.