Quicken assigns wrong accounts to transactions

Options
When I download my Wells Fargo accounts, Quicken often assigns the wrong account to the transaction and makes double entries. For example, a transfer from [SAVINGS] to [CHECKING] shows up in the checking register as a same-account transfer and again as a transfer from savings. So the deposit shows up twice. The Reconcile report is then off. So I end up checking every transaction that it is To and From the correct accounts.

Similarly, credit card payments are credited twice and often the From account is blank.

It is increasingly difficult to trust the Quicken software when it keeps making such basic errors across multiple accounts.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @S M

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your transactions connecting to incorrect accounts. Generally when this happens we need to reconnect all of the accounts as they may not be syncing properly to the correct account. I'll leave steps down below on how to deactivate them and reactivate. You'll want to follow the second article closely as it's a bit different that reconnecting normally.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• S M
    S M Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use Web Connect for this bank. It does not support EWC. I'll keep you posted as it will be a few days before I will have time to deactivate and reconnect all accounts.