Is anyone having issues using Quick Pay for their JCPenney Credit Card?

When I attempt to add JCPenney as an online bill it is added but states: "Bill added but the next due amount is not yet available.  Please try to update your Bill List later".  I do and this never gets resolved even when the upcoming bill is available on their site.  In addition, unlike those bills that are being processed, there isn't an account number associated with this biller.  Typically these are added when when the Online Bill is added in Bill Manager.  Like other credit cards that have had a multitude of issues, the JCPenney credit card is also managed by Synchrony Bank.  

Any input as to whether you are having this issue or if your JCPenney is being paid whithout issue in QuickPay would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
  -- Howard

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @HJR

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Since you are not getting any error code, I would recommend validating your biller. 

To validate your online biller select Bills & Income >Settings (gear icon, top right corner) >Review and Repair >Review and Repair online biller. A visual example is below. 

Once it validates the online biller you will get a message letting you know it has been updated. If this is not the case and you get an error message let us know. We will troubleshoot further or submit a bug report as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma.
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Validating the online biller returned the following message.  I clicked on Cancel.

Validate has detected a biller on the server (JCPenney) which is incomplete or not present locally.  If you have selected a subset of the bills available from this biller or you have setup this biller recently and are waiting for first bill to arrive, click 'Cancel'.  Otherwise click 'Ok' to remove it from the server; any related local item(s) will be converted to manual reminder(s).  

Remove this biller from the server.      OK    Cancel
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @HJR

Thank you for your response and for providing additional details. I have taken a closer look into your biller account specifically and was able to find that JCPenny is currently pending. At this time I would recommend waiting an additional 48hr business hours for the pending status to be processed by the biller. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

I have also DMed you with additional information regarding your JCPenny biller/account. 

Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Paloma,

I wanted to let you know that this never did resolve.  I was also waiting until I was sure the next bill was available which occurred today.  No change.  However, I believe you have the wrong url for the JCPenney Rewards Credit Card.  If you try to add an online and key in "JCP" the very first biller listed is for the JCPenney Rewards Credit Card.  If you hover your mouse pointer over the biller the biller's url is displayed as "www.jcpcreditcard.com/esecurity/login/.........".  When I used my browser to go to this address I get a message that "We've upgraded our site! Please click here, and update your bookmark/favorites."  if you click on "Click here" it takes you to "https://jcpenney.syf.com/login/" which is the site I've been using when manually logging into my JCPenney credit.  From this it appears Quicken is still going to their old site.  Please advise.  

-- HJR
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    This has been an ongoing problem for myself as well.  JC Penney changed their card from a rewards card to a visa card.  Quicken has never addressed the change.  I was successful for a few months abandoning the JCPenney Rewards card route and started using my JC Penney login credentials using the Synchrony Financial route and that one worked up until a few days ago.  I have reported it numerous times over the last year or so using the reporting tool, and like usual it still doesn't work consistently.

• Quicken Paloma
    Hello @HJR

Thank you for the updated response. However, I do apologize that the issue is still persisting. If the URL is wrong then I would recommend reaching out to card services. Unfortunately, Quicken cannot initiate the change of URL address, it must be the financial institution/biller. 

For more information regarding incorrect URLs with the financial institution/biller please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-uses-incorrect-url-online-banking

Hope this provides clarity and again, I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.