Transaction report not opening in transaction detail

Options
VicM
VicM Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Hi,
I'm using Quicken 2015 Premier on a Windows 7 Pro box. I've searched this problem here and tried the suggestions. None appear to work. When I open my transaction report, it opens in Top-Level Summary. I change the 'Update to Show' to Transaction Detail, then save the report. When I open the report again, it defaults to Top-Level Summary. Is this a quirk that was corrected in newer versions of Quicken? Or am I just not doing something right?
Thanks,
Vic

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is not clear what report you are working with.

In the current version of QWin (35.23) if I open the default Itemized Categories report, it shows the top level summary. If I click on Update to Show and select Transaction detail then save the report, the saved report opens with the transaction detail showing.

QWin Premier subscription
  • VicM
    VicM Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jim.
    I'm using the Itemized Category report. What's strange is, if I create a NEW report and show the Transaction Detail, then save, it will reopen in the Transaction Detail view. But with the original report, which was apparently saved in the Top-Level Summary view, if I change to Transaction Detail then save and replace, it still reopens in the Top-Level Summary view.
    So for some strange reason, the original way it was saved prevails.
    I guess I'll have to be more aware of how I save the reports in the future.
    Thanks,
    Vic
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Another possibility is that your report was saved in an earlier version of Quicken.

Apparently there is some code that is saved along with each report, and this does not get updated when Quicken is updated.

I would say this is by design and not a bug, because saved reports should work the same as they did before the update (others may disagree, depending on the nature of the changes).
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.