One step update has problems with Accounts that have "dash" sub accounts.

enod753
enod753 Member
AFCU uses the same account number for more than one type. For instance, Acct # xxxx
Will have a checking, savings, Credit card, etc. under the same acct with a "-" then one digit #. Every single time I use the One step update, it mixes up the transactions. Like its guessing. It takes a lot of work to figure out what it did.
Started using Quicken again in 2020. Use to be a great program. Now I spend way to much time fixing transaction failures. What happened to the program?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    enod753 said: AFCU uses the same account number for more than one type.
    What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    What is the full exact name of the CU ?
    When you setup the Quicken Add Account -
    does it display only the single account number or do you setup each "dash" sub-account individually
    NNNN-AA
    NNNN-BB
    NNNN-CC

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local Credit Union uses the Member Number as the Account Number, followed by a dash and up to 3 digits for other account types.
    Once a Quicken account register has been set up and linked correctly to a bank account, there should be no need to re-link over and over again. The important part is, that nobody makes any changes to the relevant fields in the Edit Account Details / General tab: Account Number, Routing Number, Customer ID. The numbers in these fields are set when you first link the account in Quicken and should not be editable while the account is connected for downloading.
    At every One Step Update, these numbers are compared to what's in the downloaded data. A mismatch because the numbers were changed will cause download problems.