R35.23 update - various account problems after update installed

Has anyone experienced problems with their credit card or checking account balances? All was good until earlier today. A software update Ver. R35.23, Build 27.1.35.23 ran when I opened Quicken. I'm running on Win 10 home.

All my Quicken balances matched with online accounts prior to the update. Following the update the savings accounts were good but my checking account suddenly had many duplicate entries as well as uncleared ones from this and previous years and the balance was way off. Odd, very odd. Also of the four credit cards in Quicken, three of them now have astronomically large balances. Not sure if it has to do with the update or not but it is very coincidental.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @leggo

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your balances. That is odd that you're having issues with duplicates. I'm not sure if it's related to the patch but it might be worth it to try loading a backup to see if we're having similar issues on the backup as well. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @leggo,

As a precaution, before you restore the backup file (as suggested above) make a copy of it.  This will allow you to maintain the "good backup" in case the problems you have described are repeated with the restore.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    I restored a back-up the night prior as I always do for exactly this reason if a problem arises (it's software after all) I know I have a good file to work from. When I opened up the next day it updated automatically, not generally a problem. I was perusing through the new graphics, went back to the file and noticed the balance issues, I didn't go through line by line on the credit card files to identify duplicates but did so in the checking account. The card balances were crazy big, like over 20k in one and several thousands in the others a quick run through didn't highlight the same duplicates just the crazy big balances. Thanks
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    I reloaded my back up and all was/is fine no idea why or how the duplicates and crazy high balances. What I have noticed on my Discover are all these zero balance entries, they're not on any of my other cards. Attached a small screen shot. Seeing these I do remember seeing them when going through the new graphics after the download, I went to "uncategorized" in Discover and started deleting these same type of entries, when I went to my desktop afterwards I saw the large credit card balances.
This discussion has been closed.