Unable to Access Accounts Since Credit Union Changed Web Site - Community First Credit Union

Options
SDRaymond
SDRaymond Member ✭✭
My credit union, Community First Credit Union, Appleton, Wisconsin upgraded their web interface on August 17th. I deactivated all of my accounts with them after the upgrade was complete, after which I attempted to reconnect without success. Each attempt yields the message "Sorry. We encountered an Error. (It's not your fault.)". The Quicken fidir.txt file does have a new entry for the new website URL, with the old site commented out.

I've used the "Report a Problem" feature in Quicken (Windows, Deluxe, latest build) twice in the past week, without any reply or resolution. I'm wondering if anyone monitors those submissions.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this resolved in a timely manner?

Thanks!

Answers

• Jeffrey D Hill
    Jeffrey D Hill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same thing happen to me, when PSCU-MI changed there Web Page. Getting error CC-501, Think it has to do with verification of pictures blocks on log in page.
  • SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, although Community First doesn't use the picture blocks on their login page. I'm not receiving an error code, which makes it even more frustrating.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @SDRaymond,

Which connection method were you using previously for this credit union (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect)?  Also which CC number (code) are you getting with the error message?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was using direct for banking/loan accounts and express for a credit card account. Direct is no long an option in the new fidir.txt entry. There is no CC-xxx displayed with the error message (see attached image).
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi again @SDRaymond

Okay, so you've done your homework. 

I haven't seen any reports from other users yet, but I expect there will be.  As you probably already surmised, the CU changed connection methods and is no longer supporting Direct Connect, so you are left with express web and [web] connect (also known as downloading a file).  But I would suggest that you call Quicken Support and see if they can help you make the Express Web connection.  Other than that - since the CU recently changed things, you could call them to discuss the changes, or just continue to try connecting, in case they are still in the process of getting all their systems up and running.

Let us know how things work out.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Frankx!

I'll reach out to Quicken support and my CU today. I've been using Quicken for 20 years and this is the first time I've had a financial institution move backwards with their connection technology...
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @SDRaymond,

I agree with that comment!  Doesn't really make sense but that is what appears on the current FI directory.  Let's hope that it is not accurate, and that Support can get you reconnected in any event.

Again - please let us know the outcome.

Frankx

• SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options
    Spoke with support this morning, apparently my credit union isn't accepting the request from Quicken. I've reached out to the credit union and I'm waiting for a reply.

Thanks!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    looks like manual Web Connect download & Express Web Connect update are both supported.
    Have you tried the manual download from their online website - and then IMPORT into Quicken - just to see if it works ?
    10229    10229    10229    Community First Credit Union    https://www.communityfirstcu.org/    920.830.7200    https://digital.communityfirstcu.org/login    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, that is the new definition in the fidir.txt file. The issue appears to be that Community First is rejecting either my credentials or Quicken's access. As my online access hasn't been locked (I've been trying a couple times per day), they appear to be blocking Quicken's access.
  • SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options
    Failed to mention that the old definition also in the fidir.txt file near the bottom, but is commented out (prefixed with zzz-).
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried the manual download from their website - probably creates a QFX file....
    Then you can just click on the file or do a ..... File --> Import --> QFX file -->

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SDRaymond said:
    Failed to mention that the old definition also in the fidir.txt file near the bottom, but is commented out (prefixed with zzz-).
    yes - wondering if the FI number change is the issue - so the manual QFX download & Import would test that out -
    They probably reduced their "cost" for supporting Quicken - moving from Direct to WC and EWC
    17578    17578    17578    zzz-Community First CU-WI    http://www.communityfirstcu.org/    920-830-7200    https://my.communityfirstcu.org/LogIn.aspx    ACTIVE   
    BANKING,PAYMENT&DIRECT  
    10229    10229    10229    Community First Credit Union    https://www.communityfirstcu.org/    920.830.7200    https://digital.communityfirstcu.org/login    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been working with my credit union all week to resolve this issue. Looked in the Quicken OFXlog today and discovered that Quicken isn't even attempting to connect to correct financial institution. Instead of attempting to connect to Community First Credit Union in Appleton, Wisconsin it's attempting a connection with Abri Credit Union in Romeville, Illinois.

Quicken support was insistent that this was an issue with my credit union. Apparently, they never even bothered to look at the log files submitted.

Mint is looking pretty good to me right now!!!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It’s pretty simple to compare …
    just look for the FI number and see if it matches above … if not - then what is it ? 

You can try the manual download of the QFX file and Import into Quicken. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10