The account balance is correct but shows incorrect in Net Worth Report

Walt C
Walt C Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
The amount shown in an investment account balance shows correctly but in the net worth report it is adding $600,000. In other words the amount shown in the account is $66,524.30 but in the net worth report it is showing incorrectly in that same account as $666,524.30.

I did recently transfer $300,000 out of the investment account to another new asset account (loan to third party). The amount in the loan asset account shows correctly as $300,000 and the investment account now shows correctly as $66,540.30, but in the net worth report the investment account is wrong ($666,540.30) yet the asset (loan to third party) account is correct at $300,000.00.

Should I delete the transfer transaction and then enter it again?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Walt C

From the limited information that you've included, it seems likely that you may have entered the 300k transaction incorrectly and may have actually duplicated it somehow (which may explain the extra 600k in the report).  Given that, I would suggest that you first backup your Quicken datafile, then delete any transactions that you made to setup the 300k loan.  After that, please run a new net worth report to see if it is correct. Then post back here on what you've found.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Walt C

From the limited information that you've included, it seems likely that you may have entered the 300k transaction incorrectly and may have actually duplicated it somehow (which may explain the extra 600k in the report).  Given that, I would suggest that you first backup your Quicken datafile, then delete any transactions that you made to setup the 300k loan.  After that, please run a new net worth report to see if it is correct. Then post back here on what you've found.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Walt C
    Walt C Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I deleted the transfer from both the investment account and the asset account and then reentered the transfer. I then updated the investment account online and everything balanced.
This discussion has been closed.