Bills does not show all

Hi,
I have just installed Quicken online for Windows after having used for years Quicken 2013. I have a problem with my bills. Today is August 29 and I still have bills to pay on Monday 30 but they don't show in the Bills section? Also the bills section seems to stop at September 24. I was not used to that with Quicken 2013. I showed at least 30 days of bills and revenues. I must have overlooked a setting, but which one and where??? Can't find it.
TIA, Thomas

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I recommend you combine the Bills view with the Income & Transfers views into one view. To do so, from either one of the two separate views click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the view and select "Combine Bills, Income & Transfers".
    Until you get the hang of the new feature and/or figure out the mystery about why some reminders don't appear to show, continue to use the traditional views that you are already familiar with. They are still available.
    • In the Home tab, if you have Quicken Deluxe or a higher feature level, customize the My Money page to add a "Bill and Income Reminders view" (or create your own customized view page)
    • Use the Tools menu / Manage Bill & Income Reminders to work with reminders as usual.
    • You can use the Bill & Income Reminders tab at the bottom of each banking account register to work with Reminders which are due soon.
    New features since 2013:
    • You can use the individual account register itself "to show future reminders as if they were register transactions already". To turn this feature on, off or customize it, click the Actions gear icon in an account register and select "Reminders to show in register"
    • You can use the "Projected Balances" view under the Bills tab to work with reminders. (May require customization to select all the accounts you want to work with)

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Astore

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. In the section of Bills & Income, you have several options when it comes to viewing your bills. In these sections, you can also choose how far out you want to view your bills. A visual example is below. 

Hope this provides clarity. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Hi Paloma, thank you so much for trying to help me with Quicken. I'm a long time user of Quicken ,but have difficulties to find my way in this new version. I have selected "due in 90 days", but I still see nothing beyond SEP.26 (in the screen "Income & Transfers", with the stacks)? In the screen with the stacks there is the option "Due within", but I only have the choice between 7, 14 and 30 days. Is there a possibility to add the option 60 or 90 days? TIA, Thomas
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Paloma, I add that I have bills and income on SEP 27, 28 and 29 so logically (being due within 30 days) these items should show up in the "Income & Transfer" screen??
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Astore

Thank you for the updated response. Based on the information provided it sounds like you may be in the wrong section. There should be three different sub-tabs under the main Bills & Income tab. Your bills will be displayed under the Bills sub-tab. This is located on the far top left side. A visual example is below. 

Notice that there are additional tabs. If you select the Income and Transfers tab it will display some information but not the correct one in this regard. A visual example of other tab is displayed for reference. 

Notice that in the Incomes and Transfers sub-tabs the date preferences only goes out 30days. This is normal and at the moment there is no way to change it to further time frames. 

Hope this helps and provides clarity. Please let us know of any additional questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Dear Paloma, thank you I got that. My question/confusion boils down to this: If in the subtap "Income & Transfers" I select "Due within 30 days" why then do (on August 30) the bookings from August 30 & 31 and September after the 26 (till 30) not show up in the list?? I always had that in my Quicken 2013 and I find it difficult to understand (and illogical if you ask me) why several bookings in the 30 days range are missing?? There must be some problem with a setting somewhere, but where? Thanks for your advise. Best, Thomas
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    To put it briefly: now I have bookings from 9/1 till 9/26 in my Income & Transfers tab. That's 25 days, not 30. Why? And why not bookings from August while we're still in that month?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I recommend you combine the Bills view with the Income & Transfers views into one view. To do so, from either one of the two separate views click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the view and select "Combine Bills, Income & Transfers".
    Until you get the hang of the new feature and/or figure out the mystery about why some reminders don't appear to show, continue to use the traditional views that you are already familiar with. They are still available.
    • In the Home tab, if you have Quicken Deluxe or a higher feature level, customize the My Money page to add a "Bill and Income Reminders view" (or create your own customized view page)
    • Use the Tools menu / Manage Bill & Income Reminders to work with reminders as usual.
    • You can use the Bill & Income Reminders tab at the bottom of each banking account register to work with Reminders which are due soon.
    New features since 2013:
    • You can use the individual account register itself "to show future reminders as if they were register transactions already". To turn this feature on, off or customize it, click the Actions gear icon in an account register and select "Reminders to show in register"
    • You can use the "Projected Balances" view under the Bills tab to work with reminders. (May require customization to select all the accounts you want to work with)
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    UKR & Paloma, thanks for all the help. I now have screens very close to what I was used to. For me this is OK. All my best, Thomas
This discussion has been closed.