Change option to pay online from certain accounts

Options
I have been paying from Online Center (the Quicken pull down menu) for years without issue. Now my bank no longer allows payments from any savings accounts. How can I remove the option to pay from certain accounts in the Online Center?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @break80,

I believe the easiest way to remove the "pay bills" option is to do it in each account you want to deactivate.  Here are the steps:

1) open up the bank account register in Quicken;
    2) click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right:
    3) select "Edit account details";
    4) select the "Online Services" tab;
    5) In the "Online bill payment" box at the bottom - click the "deactivate" action  (see Snip below);
    6) repeat for all accounts you want to deactivate.

Let me know if you have any followups,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @break80,

I think that will depend on your bank, but I suspect that you should still be able to transfer money between accounts at one bank with no problem. In addition it is also possible that you might be able to send funds from accounts at one bank to accounts at another bank - again depending on the policies of the bank.  Most of the larger banks have both of these features available, so check your banks' website or call your local branch for assistance.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @break80,

I believe the easiest way to remove the "pay bills" option is to do it in each account you want to deactivate.  Here are the steps:

1) open up the bank account register in Quicken;
    2) click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right:
    3) select "Edit account details";
    4) select the "Online Services" tab;
    5) In the "Online bill payment" box at the bottom - click the "deactivate" action  (see Snip below);
    6) repeat for all accounts you want to deactivate.

Let me know if you have any followups,

Frankx

• break80
    break80 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks very much. Before I do this, do you know if the modified accounts can still be used to transfer money in/out since these are savings accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @break80,

I think that will depend on your bank, but I suspect that you should still be able to transfer money between accounts at one bank with no problem. In addition it is also possible that you might be able to send funds from accounts at one bank to accounts at another bank - again depending on the policies of the bank.  Most of the larger banks have both of these features available, so check your banks' website or call your local branch for assistance.

Frankx

• break80
    break80 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks very much. This worked perfectly. And I can transfer money to and from these accounts. Just can't pay bills from them, which is what I wanted.
This discussion has been closed.