After latest release on Sept 2nd Quicken Will not Open or Uninstall. Any suggestions?

The Uninstall produces Error 1722
The Open produces an error with the QW.CFG file. I did 'Uncheck the Read-Only checkbox' and instructed, but Quicken will still not open or uninstall.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Answers

• joanP
    joanP Member ✭✭
    Hello, and thank you for your quick reply. The QcleanUI instructions suggest that if you have the subscription Quicken that you should uninstall Quicken before running QCleanUI. That last Quicken Update caused the Uninstall process to crash with Error 1722. Should I proceed with running the QCleanUI process even if I cannot Uninstall Quicken first?
    Thanks again in advance.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just run QCleanUI without installing.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • joanP
    joanP Member ✭✭
    Well I went thru all the steps of QCleanUI. It completed the Quicken Uninstall successfully and i rebooted. I then downloaded & ran the Subscription Quicken.exe and got the Errors that i've attached as screenshots. (I started all over with the QCleanUI, process,etc and got these same errors a 2nd time thru. (I've never had a Quicken update scramble itself like this in the past 20+ years).
    Any other tips?
    Thanks in Advance.
  • joanP
    joanP Member ✭✭
    I did run thru the Renaming steps as well both times. Perhaps the Update or the Uninstall or the Renaming steps removed a required directory or folder?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would suggest running Disk Cleanup and removing all Temporary Files.
  • joanP
    joanP Member ✭✭
    Greg, thanks for your help, but Disk Cleanup was no help. Should I try calling the support line again?
    Thank You
  • Greg_the_Geek
    You can't call until probably Tuesday. Have you tried restarting your computer of manually deleting everything in C:\Users\Joan\AppData\Local\Temp?
  • joanP
    joanP Member ✭✭
    I have rebooted many times. Thanks...but I haven't tried manually deleting everything in that directory. I'll give it a shot and let you know. I really appreciate your help on this Greg.
  • joanP
    joanP Member ✭✭
    Thank You Greg. I had no luck with emptying the temp folder. Thanks for your help. You should go out and Enjoy the Holiday Weekend. I have an open Chat with the Support team. Hopefully they'll have a repair.
This discussion has been closed.